GraalVM 19.3.1 is distributed as Community Edition and Enterprise Edition. Listed below are bundles available:
- GraalVM Enterprise Edition based on Oracle Java 8u241
- GraalVM Community Edition based on OpenJDK 8u242
- GraalVM Enterprise Edition based on Oracle Java 11.0.6
- GraalVM Community Edition based on OpenJDK 11.0.6
GraalVM Community is available for free for any use. It is built from the GraalVM sources available on GitHub. We provide pre-built binaries for Linux/X86, Linux/ARM, macOS, and Windows platforms on x86 64-bit systems. Support for the Windows and Linux/ARM platforms, and the Python, Ruby and R languages is experimental.
GraalVM Community Edition contains significant technology from other projects including OpenJDK and Node.js which are not maintained by the GraalVM community. GraalVM Enterprise Edition is recommended for production applications.
- OSI-approved open-source licenses allow you to use for any purpose
- Free community support via public channels
- Runs any program that runs on GraalVM Enterprise
GraalVM Enterprise provides additional performance, security, and scalability relevant for running applications in production. You can get a version of GraalVM Enterprise that is free for evaluation and developing new applications via the Oracle Technology Network (OTN), or a commercially licensed version for production use via the Oracle Store. We provide binaries for Linux, macOS, and Windows platforms on x86 64-bit systems. Support for the Windows and Linux/ARM platforms, and the Python, Ruby and R languages is experimental.
- Faster performance
- Lower memory footprint for microservices
- Enhanced security features, including managed capabilities for native code
- Free for evaluation and for developing new applications
- Premier 24x7 support via Oracle Support non-experimental features
- GraalVM Native Image is supported