GraalVM consists of core and optional components and is distributed as an archive. Consult distribution components list to understand what is included in the base GraalVM installation. GraalVM Updater tool provided by default can add support for optional components and install third party languages and tools.
Community Edition (CE)
GraalVM CE is available for free for development and production use. It is built from the GraalVM sources available on GitHub. We provide pre-built binaries for GraalVM CE for Linux, macOS X, and Windows platforms on x86 64-bit systems. Windows support is experimental.
- Open Source Licenses
- Free for development and production use
- Open-source license
- Free community support via public channels
- Presence of all enterprise components
- Bug fixes and enhancements
Enterprise Edition (EE)
GraalVM EE provides additional performance, security, and scalability relevant for running applications in production. It is free for evaluation uses and available for download from the Oracle Technology Network. We provide binaries for GraalVM EE for Linux, macOS X, and Windows platforms on x86 64-bit systems. Windows support is experimental.
- Oracle Master License Agreement
- Free for evaluation and non-production use
- Contact us for commercial use and support options
- Faster performance and smaller footprint
- Enhanced security features
- Managed capabilities for native code
- Premier 24x7x365 support via MOS