GraalVM Project Advisory Board
We are announcing the establishment of the GraalVM Project Advisory Board — an advisory committee, composed of key project contributors and partners in the ecosystem with a shared goal of driving the GraalVM project forward. Such organizations can nominate their Representative for the Board. The Representative will act as the main contact point for all project-related matters associated with their company.
The Advisory Board Goals
- Discuss community engagement and contributor interaction;
- Provide cumulative feedback from the community and partner ecosystem;
- Discuss ways to drive project awareness and adoption.
The Board will meet at least every three months via video call and once per year in person. Board meetings may include additional attendees contributing to specific topics of interest. A summary of the discussions will be published on the project website
Advisory Board Members
- Bernd Mathiske, Amazon. Creator of the Maxine VM, interested in GraalVM Community Edition, GraalVM Native Image, and AWS Lambda on GraalVM
- Bruno Caballero, Microdoc. Work on GraalVM integrations in the embedded space.
- Chris Seaton, Shopify. Contributors to TruffleRuby – GraalVM Ruby implementation.
- Chris Thalinger, Twitter. Run GraalVM Community Edition in production on a large scale system and share their experience with the community.
- Fabio Niephaus, Hasso Plattner Institute. Academic collaborators and developers of GraalSqueak – a Squeak/Smalltalk implementation for GraalVM.
- Graeme Rocher, Object Computing, Inc. Developers of Micronaut – a framework for building microservice and serverless applications, integrated with GraalVM.
- Johan Vos, Gluon. Work on the JavaFX and mobile/embedded platform support for GraalVM native images.
- Max Rydahl Andersen, Red Hat. Developer on Quarkus - A Kubernetes Native Java stack tailored for OpenJDK HotSpot and GraalVM, crafted from the best of breed Java libraries and standards.
- Michael Hunger, Neo4j. Integrate with GraalVM to support polyglot dynamic languages for user-defined-procedures in Neo4j, a JVM-based graph database.
- Sébastien Deleuze, Pivotal. Spring Framework committer, works on Spring GraalVM native support.
- Thomas Wuerthinger, Oracle. Key developers and maintainers of GraalVM and related projects.
- Xiaohong Gong, Arm Technology China. Works on GraalVM Compiler Optimizations On AArch64.
If your organization has an interest in joining the GraalVM project advisory board, please let us know. We are open to include new members that align with the board’s goals and mission.
Meeting notes are published after each of the Board mettings within 5 days. See the previous notes below.